- This event has passed.
July 2019 – A Walk in the Park- Free Guided Garden & Trail Walk
July 14, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
Sun, July 14, 2109
10:00 AM – 11:30 AM EDT
Ready to get some fresh air and a healthful walk in a beautiful and inspiring location? Join the Green Spring Master Gardeners and Friends of Wolf Trap for a walk and learn through the Rain, Woodland and Pollinator Gardens OR take a guided hike along the trails, pond and wetlands at the Park. Learn how Wolf Trap National Park has created an oasis for native plants and wildlife (and humans) in a highly urbanized region.
Useful-a water bottle, sunscreen, hat and walking shoes. Dress appropriately for the weather. Camera and binoculars are good to have. In the event of Rain a notice will be sent 24 hours before the event if cancellation is needed. The garden walk is on uneven ground and is considered an easy to moderate walk. The forest trail walk is moderate to strenuous with some steep slopes and slippery trails.
Please arrive 15 minutes early to sign-in. The Garden Tour and Hike leave PROMPTLY at 10am from the Ranger Station which is to the left of the Filene Center Box Office. Please park in the main circle or where directed
All ages are welcome. Leashed dogs are welcome for the trail walk but are not allowed in the gardens
- Stay on designated paths and trails.
- Watch for uneven ground and slippery surfaces.
- Remember that you are in a natural setting and may encounter a variety of plants and animals. Watch for snakes, poison ivy, stinging insects. If you are allergic, bring your medication. Volunteers can only call 911 for emergency situations.
- Check for ticks, especially during warmer months. More tick information.
- Do not drink from natural water sources.
- Supervise children at all times.
- Especially in the Gardens, please look but do not touch
- Participation is at your own-risk
This event is FREE however you must register for a ticket. SInce we ask for volunteers to staff this event based on attendees we ask that if you cannot attend for any reason, PLEASE be responsible and cancel your reservation at least 2 full days before the event.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday, July 14.